Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Morrigan

What's the most recent film you watched?

Last night we watched "Amy" a biography about the British singer/songwriter Amy Winehouse, who died in 2010 aged just 27. It was very good indeed, I am a fan of her music. I can understand why her Dad didn't like the biopic - he didn't come over too well, as seeking to cash in on her fame for himself.

• Like 1

Cinderella-movie-2015-screenshot-fairy-godmother-helena-bonham-carter-9_zpsxadholaj.jpg

Looking for something light hearted on tv last night, I found the latest CINDERELLA film from Disney

and directed by Kenneth Branaugh.

Helena Bonham Carter shown above played the Fairy Godmother, Kate Blanchett was the wicked stepmother and Derek Jacobi was the King. Lily James played Cinderella and I recognized her from her role in Downton Abbey.

the studio expects only good luck from the Friday-the-13th release of a lavish live-action version directed by Kenneth Branagh, adapted by Chris Weitz and starring Lily James as Cinderella and Cate Blanchett as the stepmother Lady Tremaine. Most of the industry touts are forecasting at least a $60-million opening in North American theaters.

The latest "Star Wars" which was very entertaining. I shall look out for "Cinderella" as I like Helena Bonham Carter but I'll definitely give "Amy" a miss.

I finally saw "Ant Man" and quite enjoyed it. I really do not like these superhero movies, but this one seemed a cut beyond the standard inane plot lines. Yes, "Ant Man" has super powers, but the film was quite funny.

Antman

I also saw this movie today, dvr'd from the SyFy Channel. I love horrible apocalypse films:

Icetastrophe

• Like 1

Star Wars: The Force Awakens, spoiler alert!!! ... just kidding. Loved it though.

Re: Ant Man, in the fight scene in the helecopter, how did the bad guy get into the Yellow Jacket suit so fast?? Oh um... spoiler alert! I should have yelled that first that time.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens, spoiler alert!!! ... just kidding. Loved it though.

Re: Ant Man, in the fight scene in the helecopter, how did the bad guy get into the Yellow Jacket suit so fast?? Oh um... spoiler alert! I should have yelled that first that time.

''I love horrible apocalypse films:''

Just lay back and relax Ms. Cod - - - - - now how long have you had this problem -- -hmmmm??

Last week I was on a cruise. San Andreas was on the huge screen, pretty dramatic on a large screen, it would look nothing on a tv screen perhaps.

We (me and my OH) just watched a fab movie made in 2013 called 'Le Weekend' starring Jim Broadbent, Lindsay Duncan & Jeff Goldblum. It was written by Hanif Kureishi who did 'My Beautiful Launderette'.

It was a comedy, but not in the slapstick sense. Here is a review of it from the Guardian: https://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/oct/10/le-week-end-review

• Like 1

Saw the new Captain America a few weeks ago. Of all the stupor heroes, I only like Captain America. This was a better movie than "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", but this entire comic book franchise-to-film is sort of dumb in including so many inter-superhero fight scenes because nobody ever dies. Instead, you just sit there watching fruitless superhero punching, and that's when the movie fizzles into something like old time wrestling. I'm probably not supposed to analyze superhero films but you know...if you bamboozle your wife YET AGAIN into watching this crap, I reserve the right to complain about it.

• Like 1

I finally saw "Ant Man" and quite enjoyed it. I really do not like these superhero movies, but this one seemed a cut beyond the standard inane plot lines. Yes, "Ant Man" has super powers, but the film was quite funny.

Antman

I also saw this movie today, dvr'd from the SyFy Channel. I love horrible apocalypse films:

Icetastrophe

Antman was a riot!

Saw the new Captain America a few weeks ago. Of all the stupor heroes, I only like Captain America. This was a better movie than "Captain America: The Winter Soldier", but this entire comic book franchise-to-film is sort of dumb in including so many inter-superhero fight scenes because nobody ever dies. Instead, you just sit there watching fruitless superhero punching, and that's when the movie fizzles into something like old time wrestling. I'm probably not supposed to analyze superhero films but you know...if you bamboozle your wife YET AGAIN into watching this crap, I reserve the right to complain about it.

My son loved it. As a matter of fact he bought a bunch of old comics to speculate on and is now reaping the rewards, although he keeps some for his own collection.

I watch quite a few films on Amazon prime. Can never remember titles so will have to look back and check!!:RpS_biggrin:

I love Amazon Prime. I think it's one of the best deals out there. You get free movies and television shows AND free shipping on loads of items. I buy from Amazon a lot, so the cost has more than paid for itself in savings on shipping. It beats Netflix hands down, except for their original series like ''Orange is the New Black'' or'' House of Cards.''

Last film was Jungle book, very good tho we were both scirt of the tiger !

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm gonna have to agree with you there Cod... you probably shouldn't review superhero movies. They require more suspended disbelief than many other genres.

But don't worry, I disagree with pretty much everything else you said ... still luv ya though.

Pride, Prejudice and Zombies ... what? Who doesn't like zombies?

• Like 1

I dunno. I don't watch romantic movies because they usually require the most in suspended belief, with horrible plot lines to boot. In general, I don't mind first run films. I loved the first Iron Man and Captain America, along with the Avengers. I hate the sequels, though (except Captain America), and the fact that Elizabeth Olson plays the role of Scarlett Witch (?) makes it worse. I'm pretty sure these films would improve if they inserted Idris Elba somewhere.

I've been trying to watch "Stonados" and it was finally on today. I love the films of Jason Bourque ("Seattle Superstorm", "Doomsday Prophecy", just about every film with Sebastian Spence) as they are always apocalyptic massive disaster films on our SyFy Channel. "Stonados" was originally supposed to release before "Sharknado". However as "Stonados" is located in Boston (while filmed in Canada), the TV release was stopped due to the Boston Marathon bombing.

Now I realize why I never finished the movie. Not sure if it is just some error by our friends at the Syfy Channel, but the film disintegrates and begins to look like jigsaw puzzle pieces about 20 minutes into the film. It's like a skipping record.

However, I did see Piranha DD and Piranhaconda. Better than "Gone With The WInd'.

On Tuesday I saw ME BEFORE YOU, I hope I got that right, maybe it was YOU BEFORE ME !

It is an English film about a young man who becomes a quadraplegic and the young woman who is employed to be a companion to him. i enjoyed the film, it was filmed in Pembroke.

• Like 1

I've been trying to watch "Stonados" and it was finally on today. I love the films of Jason Bourque ("Seattle Superstorm", "Doomsday Prophecy", just about every film with Sebastian Spence) as they are always apocalyptic massive disaster films on our SyFy Channel. "Stonados" was originally supposed to release before "Sharknado". However as "Stonados" is located in Boston (while filmed in Canada), the TV release was stopped due to the Boston Marathon bombing.

Now I realize why I never finished the movie. Not sure if it is just some error by our friends at the Syfy Channel, but the film disintegrates and begins to look like jigsaw puzzle pieces about 20 minutes into the film. It's like a skipping record.

However, I did see Piranha DD and Piranhaconda. Better than "Gone With The WInd'.

Better than Gone With the Wind... Orz

We finally "binge watched" the final season of "Downton Abby" . My wife had purchased the DVD's. Three nights - - 3 episodes a night. I have thoroughly enjoyed this series since it originated. Now on to the final season of "Mr. Selfridge" for another binge watching session.

• Like 1

hZi5MTs.png

Just watched this film on Netflix tonight and was very moved by it. The acting was superb.. Why aren't there more good films like this made?

Just been out to see THE LEGEND OF TARZAN. I loved it, I would go to see it again.

I think the whole Tarzan idea is so unique, of course its gorra lorra gorillas ! And I do adore gorillas !

I found it gripping all the way through and the cinematography was truly wonderful, it was 3D and I felt I was really there.

Watched the Norwegian film "The Wave" last night. I love disaster movies, but really have stopped watching it since Hollywood decided that all films of this genre should be completely unbelievable. Scandinavian countries have been putting out some wonderful films in the last 10 years, so "The Wave" seemed a good $5 investment.

The premise is simple. Norway must keep a steady eye on its mountains as they are vulnerable to massive avalanches. In the case of this film, a collapse of the picturesque local mountains has the potential to cause massive flooding of a beautiful river that flows through a vacation resort village. A few rumblings, some broken instruments and the town geologist and his family encounter the village's worse case scenario.

It sounds simple, but "The Wave" is really well-done and realistic. The film rolls along at a good pace, building suspense in little waves without ever surrounding its characters with too much sentimentality or death defying stunts. It's a solid piece of work with good acting -- especially from the male lead. Highly recommend it as it is available via Amazon Video and can be streamed online.

We also watched "Croczilla". The subtitles were the best part of the movie, as it was about an hour behind the actual movie action. Consequently, the heavy film dialogue subtitling was still going on during the credits. Otherwise, the movie was pretty goofy. Nothing in the realm of Stephen Chow, although I think they were trying to shoot for his brand of humor. It reminded me more of a bad Gamera film.

• Like 1