Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Morrigan

Yesterday was "World Introvert" day

I didn't know this, but apparently it was. Here are 12 reasons to celebrate introversion:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-secret-lives-introverts/201801/12-reasons-celebrate-introverts-world-introvert-day

I particularly like

7. Introverts are low maintenance.

You can leave us alone for hours at a time and we’ll just do our thing. If you’re our friend or significant other, you don’t have to call, text, or check in on us constantly. If you’re the manager of an introvert, you don’t have to babysit us. Introverts tend to be self-starters, and we generally work quietly and steadily on things. In fact, you’ll probably only hear from us if we have a problem we can’t fix (believe me, we’ve tried solving it a dozen times already before coming to you). Likewise, we don’t need constant praise, gold stickers, and shout-outs in the company newsletter. If we’re working hard, we’re motivated from within.

What do you feel are the benefits of either being an introvert, or having them as friends or relatives?

• Like 2

@Morrigan - thank you for posting this. I love it! If I had known it was World Introvert Day yesterday, I would have celebrated...by myself! I love #7 above because it describes me perfectly, but this one is also a huge benefit: [B]12. Who runs the world? Introverts.[/B] Extroverts can and do lead. But let’s not forget that introverts make powerful leaders, too. In fact, it has been reported that 40 percent of executives describe themselves as introverts, including Microsoft’s Bill Gates. Gates believes that introverts can make great leaders because they know the value of being alone and focusing deeply. Speaking at an engagement in 2013, he said: “I think introverts can do quite well. If you’re clever you can learn to get the benefits of being an introvert, which might be, say, being willing to go off for a few days and think about a tough problem, read everything you can, push yourself very hard to think out on the edge of that area.” Other introverted leaders include Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Martin Luther King Jr., Barack Obama, and Abraham Lincoln. Introverts are the dreamers and doers who fight for a better, brighter future. My 25-year-old daughter is also an introvert. What's great about that is we understand each other completely. Now if we can just get my husband and son to cooperate...;)
  • Like 2

The benefits to having an introvert as a friend are that they allow me ( an extrovert) to take centre stage and never try to wrestle the spotlight from me ! :RpS_biggrin:

ad9df6043d68d96a7b4b012f0a19a411.jpg.6061d8fc59ecbd6173bb08fd2cfe5000.jpg

• Like 3

The benefits to having an introvert as a friend are that they allow me ( an extrovert) to take centre stage and never try to wrestle the spotlight from me ! :RpS_biggrin:

Excellent! I need to turn the photo into a poster!!!!!

Good one, Versailles!!! Hahaha.