Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Rain

Tip for Cleaning Shower Tray

We have a couple of showers in the house and each use a different one so we can keep all our stuff in there. Mine is a nice large one but from the day we built this house 13 years ago (is it really that long ago?) it has been problematic because it does not drain very well. The result is that the shower gel doesn't rinse away very well from the shower tray making it incredibly slippy and dangerous. I have finally after all this time found the answer! Of all the products I have tried only one has worked. It's Fairy Liquid. It has to be the green one as it is richer than the other colours for some reason. I put about half an egg cupful of Fairy in a small bucket and half fill it with very hot water. I use a long handled hard scrubbing brush to apply this to the whole shower tray, scrub for a few minutes and then rinse with hot water. I do this every day after each shower and the days of being terrified of slipping are now over. the drainage has greatly improved too. I hope this tip helps someone. It has really made life easier for me.

• Like 1

I have recently had a walk in shower put in my downstairs bathroom. I was worried about slipping. As far as I know water drains away but we put down a mini shower mat and it does the trick!

• Like 1

don't forget to take your shower head down and clean it with bleach once a month... mold , bacteria and other nasty things grow inside it