Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Morrigan

Windows to the soul?

I just read an interesting article in New Scientist (in local public library), unfortunately NS online is subscription only, so here is most of it quoted by the DM:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5686817/An-incredible-mind-reading-AI-predict-personality-just-studying-eyes-move.html

Apparently, artificial intelligence can suss out your personality by taking note of eye movements etc. It was only a small study with 42 subjects, but looked at extraversion, neuroticism, conscientiousness, agreeableness and openness to experience. People with similar traits tend to move their eyes in similar ways.

- very conscientious people have more pupil size fluctuations

- Neurotic people blink faster

- open minded people stare at abstract images for longer

- optimists spend less time looking at negative images

Do you think you can tell a lot about someone from their eyes? I find myself drawn to people who seem sharp and don't miss much, plus those whose gaze focuses intently rather than those who look a bit faraway. Eyes with laughter lines are always attractive and makes you want to talk to the person. What do you think?

cateye.gif

• Like 2

No doubt you can learn a lot about someone by paying attention to their eyes. Much has been written about this over the years. I don't know that I have the skill or the patience however, kudos to those who do. I'm sure it gives them some advantage over muggles like me. Especially since my eyes will tell you that I'm just frank and earnest...

in LA I'm Frank and in NY I'm Ernest.

• Like 3

I think you can learn a lot about a person by looking into their eyes since i am a spitting image of this guy what can you learn about me? [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_7028_1528735024465_519"}[/ATTACH]

• Like 1

I think you can learn a lot about a person by looking into their eyes since i am a spitting image of this guy what can you learn about me? [ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"medium","data-tempid":"temp_7028_1528735024465_519"}[/ATTACH]

Sorry can't see that, Dan, can you post again?

I thought about this study a great deal. I think that in general, the eyes can be the window to the soul.

I've had three eye surgeries, so I do tend to blink a great deal because my right eye is very dry. I've had to put a stent in it for a few years to make it tear. I don't think that I'm neurotic. Huh? Huh?

The image piece of this is quite interesting, and I do agree with this. I tend to look at background things in photos -- people in the background for Trump photo ops or rallies, cherubs in paintings of saints or other features that can give me more truth outside of the obvious center image.

• Like 1

The first thing I notice about anybody I meet is their eyes. Some are evasive (shifty); some sparkle with amusement; some radiate intelligence; others look bored, cold, welcoming, indifferent, hostile, loving, dismissive and more. Recently, I talked to a policeman with the deadest eyes I've ever seen.

Also, like body language, I think you can learn a lot by the movement of people's eyes. Detectives in mystery books I've been reading claim that when they interrogate a suspect, they can tell whether he/she is telling the truth when answering a question based upon whether their eyes shift left or right. I forgot which is which.

• Like 1

The first thing I notice about anybody I meet is their eyes. Some are evasive (shifty); some sparkle with amusement; some radiate intelligence; others look bored, cold, welcoming, indifferent, hostile, loving, dismissive and more. Recently, I talked to a policeman with the deadest eyes I've ever seen.

Also, like body language, I think you can learn a lot by the movement of people's eyes. Detectives in mystery books I've been reading claim that when they interrogate a suspect, they can tell whether he/she is telling the truth when answering a question based upon whether their eyes shift left or right. I forgot which is which.

I agree with your final comment, Sandy, but I believe that some people can learn about, and then train themselves to do away with these "tells" .

I always look at peoples eyes and also their smile I f people smile with their eyes I feel they are genuine. I do think eyes are very important for defining ones character.

• Like 1

I always look at peoples eyes and also their smile I f people smile with their eyes I feel they are genuine. I do think eyes are very important for defining ones character.

People who smile with their eyes. I like that description. :)

To me smiling with ones eyes is a genuine smile.