Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Anna

Bridezillas

I'm seeing more of these "wedding demand" type things on the internet, usually posted by a disgruntled wedding party member or guest. I believe that brides should get the sort of wedding they want, but these sort of bridezilla weddings almost seem to be Broadway musical productions.

The invitation below actually has different clothing requirements, as designated by weight.

The bride who had this particular invite was quite angry that it made the internet. Her solution is to force guests to take a lie detector test.

This is the latest one. What would you do if you received such an invitation, outside of not going? Would you vocalize your displeasure? Send a piece of coal as a wedding present? Show up in the wrong clothing?

6hvdkel64c221.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=35cd39d8a0ba3caae8699a6dc4e5c19c49825633.jpg

You said "outside of not going" Anna - but I would not dream of going to something like this, with petulant demands from the bride to be. I would not enjoy it, and would feel resentful, so there would be no point me going.

• Like 2

Dear Bridezilla,

Thank you for your awfully kind invitation and very specific instructions about how you require your guests to dress.

If creating a spectacular visual effect is higher priority than sharing this Special day with your Groom, family and friends or considering your guests' comfort and enjoyment, perhaps you should consider hiring a professional dance team to make sure your dream day is perfect?

You forgot to ask your guests for their song suggestions for this amazing wedding reception - so I'd like to combine my reply to your wedding invitation with my song suggestion - it's an apt number from Meat Loaf -

"I would do anything for love - But I won't do that!"

PS You can call off the dogs and cancel the lie detector tests - it was me who posted your instructions on Facebook!

• Like 3

This has got to be a part of the millenial psyche and their “ME, ME, ME†attitude.

Lets face it guests at any wedding are there for various reasons...

the top percentage of guests are genuinely thrilled to take part in every detail of the happy couples day..these people probably include sisters, Mums and grannies.

Another lot are duty bound to attend the day and try to stay awake and engaged throughout..father in law, male cousins, great uncles.

The next group are just happy to have a night out with dancing and a meal for the cost of a wedding gift....these people include workmates, your mothers old friend and a neighbour...

the rest (and that includes me) gave an excuse like being out of the country, scheduled for an elective operation etc etc

because to attend these kind of nuptials would be slow torture.

• Like 2

I was pretty happy with my $35 wedding, with that particular expense going towards a marriage license. So far, it's worked out to cost me $1.61 per year of marriage.

• Like 2

[quote name='Anna' timestamp='1545412182']I was pretty happy with my $35 wedding, with that particular expense going towards a marriage license. So far, it's worked out to cost me $1.61 per year of marriage.[/quote] $35 - ooh la la - love also your breakdown of cost per year of marriage!!! Both my weddings were low budget - I can't recall what the first one cost, but not very much. For the second, one of the most expensive items was hiring the local pub where the registrar conducted the civil ceremony - plus the pub laid on a slap up lunch for the 8 of us who attended - me and @Baldrick , his daughters, my daughters and their partners - £450 - the wedding license and registrar etc cost about £500.

I was pretty happy with my $35 wedding, with that particular expense going towards a marriage license. So far, it's worked out to cost me $1.61 per year of marriage.

BARGAIN !