Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Anna

US Open 2019

Good morning, and welcome to Day 1 of the US Open!  The schedule for the day will always be listed at the top as a clickable link, along with whatever information I can muster up on the US Open.  It is a static page and will always remain at the top.

I loved watching tennis when I was younger, with Guillermo Vilas being my favorite player.  However, I stopped watching the sport after high school.  

I don't know much about tennis these days, other than my favorite Williams sisters, along with the Japanese players.  I think Nishikori-kun has been on every game show, celebrity talk show or morning show that I watched while vacationing in Japan.

Anyway, I put up a little elimination tracker for the top 20 seeds in the singles categories.  I'll fill that in as we go.

Osaka, Nadal, Halep, Tsitsipas, Gauff headline Day 2 play at 2019 US Open

Round one continues on Day Two of the 2019 US Open, as defending US Open women’s champion Naomi Osaka and men’s second seed Rafael Nadal lead a host of top talents into action. 

Sharing court tine with those two today will be former US Open champions Sloane Stephens, Marin Cilic, and Svetlana Kuznetsova, along with 2019 Wimbledon women’s titlist Simona Halep. 

Add in surging stars Bianca Andreescu, Coco Gauff, Stefanos Tsitsipas, Dominic Thiem, Alexander Zverev, Belinda Bencic, and Flushing fan favorites Gael Monfils, Nick Kyrgios, Petra Kvitova, Caroline Wozniacki and John Isner, and you’re looking at a lineup of luminaries that begs for a bigger marquee.

spacer.png

I haven’t been home enough to watch much action, but will definitely watch Rafa this afternoon.  Also will be home much of this Saturday to watch the men’s semis.

Surprised to see the news that Naomi Osaka lost yesterday.  Also, I’m appalled that people booed Novak when he had to retire yesterday.  Did they not know he’s been dealing with an injury?  Or, did it have to do with him getting into it with fan during warmups the other day?