Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Best and Worst

Today's automobiles are quite reliable.. but not so years ago.. what was your favorite  and least favorite automobile to drive?

• Like 1

I was fond of one of the first cars I had which was a Triumph Herald with wire wheels.  It had a very tight turning circle and was a lovely little car.  No synchromesh, so to change gear into 1st you had to stop completely.   I was also fond of a Toyota Yaris I had some years ago which was a nice car to drive and very reliable.  I prefer driving small cars, they feel like an extension of me.  For the last 10 yrs or so, we have only had one car between us and it has been a large one.  Not so keen on driving these lumbering monsters, or parking them! 

• Like 2

The worst car i ever owned was a 1973 Ford Cortina (Straight from England!!) i knew i was in trouble when my accelerator cable snapped and the dealership said the parts factory burned down so it might be awhile it did not really matter thou because it would never start. The best car i ever owned was a VW Bug but it started on fire at a steakhouse when the fire department put out the blaze (in the back seat) i grabbed a bunch of wires and twisted them together hopped into the front seat and drove away i loved that car

• Like 1

The car that I enjoyed the most was our fire engine red '63 Corvette Coupe.  Bought it from a friend (who was headed for Vietnam) in 1965 and drove it for 13 years, selling it in '78 for twice what I had paid.  Looking back, I wish I'd kept it.

Other than that, our last 2 Honda Accords have been great cars.  The 2001 Accord is still being used by my college student grandson and it has in the vicinity of 214,000 miles on it.  I still get to drive it now and then  and it still seems as quiet and smooth as ever.

• Like 1

I loved the first car I ever bought, which was a Subaru 4WD sedan.  I never went 4-wheeling because it couldn't do it, but I used to drive that thing down the curves of the Marin headlands at good speed, shifting around and having a great time.  I gave the car away to a friend after I moved to Los Angeles. My friend lived closer to the snow, and that Subaru's 4WD was really made for that sort of thing.

I like my current car, which is a Lexus hybrid.  

I think my sister's cars are my least favorite.  She brags about the German engineering of her VW to insult my cars. 

• Like 1

The least favourite car I have owned was my first ... it was red Mazda Capella with a rotary engine. It was very zippy at the lights but in terrible condition. 

It was bought second hand for about $500 and had so much rust in the boot -  that when it rained the water would get in and slosh around the floor of the vehicle when I went down a hill. Thank heavens Perth is normally quite dry !

I remember it well because I was 8 months pregnant with my first child and had received a large (for those days) sum of money when I left work and wanted to buy some wheels, instead of having to catch buses with a new baby.

My (first) husband at the time - took the cash and bought himself a new monstrosity of a car that would have been impossible to get a baby car seat into. 

When  I complained ..he bought me a bicycle with a baby carrier ! The marriage did not last.