Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Nuts

i saw this article when i turned on my computer this morning and was surprised that squirrels were popular as pets back in the 18 century today i look at one and know haw fast they can devour a bag of expensive bird seed or rip apart one of my patio cushions they are not my most favorite animal but i do feel a little sad when i see one on the road a victim of a cars tire..have you ever tamed a wild animal or had one as a pet?  https://getpocket.com/explore/item/when-squirrels-were-one-of-america-s-most-popular-pets?utm_source=pocket-newtab

• Haha 1

A co-worker gave me a kitten, who turned out to be a little feral kitten.  That cat terrorized guests.  He tried to scratch out a friend's eye, and he used to scratch Sam's hand.  

The most destructive pet I've owned was a parakeet, who I let fly around my room since I didn't like the cage.  My dad loved that bird because it would dive bomb my mother.  That bird bit around my lampshade, and that shade came plopping down onto my dresser one evening.  That bird was awesome. 

Sam has a friend who had a pet raccoon.  

I didn't, but my exH when an adolescent had a pet crow that he had raised from a chick when it fell out of the nest.    I am not fond of grey squirrels, they were introduced to the UK from North America in the late 19th century, not being a native breed here.  They have decimated the population of our smaller, native red squirrels and the latter are now in peril of extinction. 

To me grey squirrels are just rats with bushy tails. 

4 hours ago, Morrigan said:

I didn't, but my exH when an adolescent had a pet crow that he had raised from a chick when it fell out of the nest.    I am not fond of grey squirrels, they were introduced to the UK from North America in the late 19th century, not being a native breed here.  They have decimated the population of our smaller, native red squirrels and the latter are now in peril of extinction. 

To me grey squirrels are just rats with bushy tails. 

lol we call them tree rats but that's for giving us Starlings and English Sparrows