Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Versailles

Waterlogged

My daughter gave me a 4 litre water container for Xmas to encourage me to drink more water each day. 

Living in a hot country it is particularly important to replenish the fluid we lose through perspiration -  in the distant past  I found it a useful tool to help lose weight too. 

I found that I am actually mistaking feeling thirsty for hunger  - and I eat  - instead of drinking a glass of water or having a cup of tea.

I know that fluids in tea, coffee, soup and even some fruits count anyways,  but nothing seems as good for you as filtered tap water.

BUT it is hard for me to swallow more than a very small glass at a time ! 

I have DC4625E3-BF98-4C19-8B22-92709657E3CD.thumb.jpeg.7366f7fa215511e43d730214e46e3cef.jpegbeen battling over the last few days to have more than a couple of glasses of water each day, despite trying to make it more attractive by adding slices of lemon, cucumber or lemon balm leaves or mint to it.

How much water is your limit per day ? 

I'm not sure how much water I drink per day - but I think it is adequate - I'm a great believer in the ability of our bodies to tell us when we are thirsty.  I remember when breastfeeding my two children, when starting to feed, I would get a terrific urge to have a drink that was almost irresistable.   In the summer I keep a large jug in the fridge with slices of lime in it. 

@Versailles -'Tis funny that you mentioned it because I, too, am making a concerted effort to drink more water due to the facts that 1) I've never been a big water drinker and 2) I seldom feel thirsty, per se.  I've chosen to buy 17 ounce water bottles, which make it easier to keep up with how many  bottles/ounces I drink per day.  Heck, I now keep a daily chart of bottles of water I drink each day, so I can catch up if I've fallen behind.