Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! √ó
Sign in to follow this  
Dan

Tsunami !!

¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† ¬† Due to¬† health issues i have had to buy an adjustable bed so i can sleep in relative comfort which got me thinking..do you remember waterbeds?..Did you have one?¬† I¬† never did but a lot of my friends loved theirs and not just for sleeping ūüėČ lol¬† My experience was not great if i can remember that far back i got a bit of wave action going on and my partner got sea sick.

I just want to wish everyone a Happy New Year and if you can manage staying up until 12:00 have a toast to the new year be it Champagne or Tea   yea 2020!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can't imagine staying up 'til 12:00 but I do hope that 2020 is a better year.

This (almost) past year has been one of the worst that I've lived through, at least politically here in the US, and unlike my more positive thinking wife, I see more and worst disaster this coming year.

Regardless of my grumpy pessimism, I wish you all a positive and enjoyable New Year.

And good luck with the new bed, Dan.¬† Nothing better than a good night's sleep !ūüėī

• Like 3

I do remember water beds, @Dan but I never slept on one, I don't particularly fancy the idea as I get very seasick!   I think I'd also worry about punctures.  It's early morning here now - we didn't stay up nor did my daughter who is staying with us until later today with her 2 young sons.   None of us is big drinkers, and Baldrick is now doing "dry January" where he swears off alcohol for the month.  

• Like 1

I always thought that waterbeds were a very bad idea.  Filling up one with water and determining just the right amount of firmness is the first challenge - put more water in, let some out, etc.  Then, after all the start up trouble, what if you determine that you simply cannot sleep well on the thing?  

Worse of all, as @Morrigan touched upon, what if it springs a leak or worse, suffers a big tear?  Imagine the problems that would create, not the least of which is damaged carpet/flooring, mildew and other horrors.  

I would be interested in learning more from anyone who has ever owned a waterbed about their personal experiences. 

@Dan - Hope your adjustable bed is everything you need it to be.  And more.

• Like 1

A couple of friends of ours had water beds, back in the 60's-70's. Fortunately for them, I never recall hearing of any disasters .

I laid on one to get the feel and never considered getting one after that.  Neither my wife or I thought that it was a comfortable fit, at least for us.

• Like 1

I used to stay at a boyfriend's house, and he has had two different waterbeds. 

The first was just plain water, and he did have to look for holes.  This one was inherited from his sister, who had someone change a baby on top of the bed.  The diaper changer stuck the diaper pins on the bed and sprung several leaks, so hence...leak check.  Overall, it was fun and comfortable.  Bear in mind that my only experience was on a single mattress to this point.

I thought the better waterbed was the combo mattress/waterbed.  That one was a bit more firm, and you didn't have to worry about diaper pin leaks.

If you really need a good  bed, I would go with Sleep Comfort.   You can select any setting from 1-100, with 1 being really fluffy.  #35 was my favorite, as it was like falling onto a bed of feathers.  But I have had to up it to 55 once I got a frozen shoulder because I needed the support.  If you can fiddle around with a bed to match your physical needs, it can't be all that bad.

• Like 1