Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Anna

January, 2020 - Schedules, GDT, chatter + NFL playoffs!

1 minute ago, Rebel77 said:

Well, here we are - the morning after the championship games and I'm still pinching myself, wondering if it's true.  From glory years, to some truly dark years, to now.  We didn't think this would happen under the Jed York era.  But, the Niners hired John Lynch and Kyle Shanahan, gave them six year contracts & let the build this team.  Three years in, the Niners are going to the Super Bowl.  Jed even got out of the way yesterday when Mike Shanahan was about to give him the George Halas Trophy, pointing to Kyle and saying ''Give it to him.''  What a moment for father to give son the NFC championship trophy.  I read a post on the Niners FB page from a Cowboys fan saying that all they've ever wanted was for Jerry Jones to get out of the way.  Even after all these years, Jerry Jones can't get over himself.

Like Kyle said in his post-game speech, the George Halas Trophy is not the one they're working to earn.  2/2/2020 in Miami, here come the Niners!

Also, congratulations to the Kansas City Chiefs.  Patrick Mahomes will be very difficult to stop.  Kyle & Robert Saleh must come up with the game plan of their lives.  Here we go!

@Anna - two weeks to plan snacks!

@Rebel77 - If Sam weren't working on this huge project, I would sneak back to the Bay Area to watch the game.  I still was of the mindset that if the 49ers won the Bowl again, Sam and I would somehow be able to move back to the Bay Area.  Things don't work that way, I guess.  I really miss home.  

I though both the AFC and NFC games yesterday were terrific and even enjoyed the victory celebrations of both teams, but most especially the Niners festivities.  I now believe that the 2 best teams in the NFL will be playing in the Super Bowl.  

As great as San Francisco was throughout 2019, though, reaching the Super Bowl was something of a surprise considering the team went from 4-12 last season to 13-3 this year and a division title. Kansas City's run wasn't much of a surprise.

The Chiefs reached the AFC championship game for the second consecutive season, but they're finally back in the Super Bowl for the first time in exactly 50 years.

I can't predict who will win, just know who I want to win.

• Like 1

Well done Stoke City.. Beating the Championship leaders West Brom 0-1 at The Hawthorns.. Just goes to show how unpredictable a league it is!! It was good game, West Brom bossed possession but couldn't break down the Potters defence, I thought Jack Butland was brilliant in goal, getting back to his England form!!.. Luckily for the Baggies they stay top as Leeds are off form too and lost at the weekend, but it's tight up there!! Stoke have pulled out a 4 point gap on the bottom three now, onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

@Frank Beastie - I was pretty shocked by the score.  I was sure SC was a goner, but at least we are making an effort against flunking.  Now we can resume our regular programming, as our match for this season is over.  Best of luck to West Brom!

Also love that Garrett Dillahunt (John) is on the cast of FWD.  He has played some truly strange and creepy characters, with my favorite being the kidnapper who had his head microwaved by the kidnapped girl's dad.  That was a great movie moment.  He was also on a Lifetime movie where he played some guy who got catfished by a woman his age, who was impersonating her own daughter.  On another note, a bit sad that Tonya Pinkins plays the crazy lady who wrote notes on people's head and used them as biters.  I am a fan of her!  That lady has a set of pipes on her and is MASSIVELY talented.  She is a Tony and Obie award winning actress, and once played the female half of one the first interracial marriages on a daytime soap opera.  This is her singing:

• Like 1

@Anna.. Yes, hopefully Stoke will be okay and start to climb the table.. They seem to enjoy playing for the new manager..

Wow!! What a great voice Tonya Pinkins has! Yes, she is a crazy lady in FTWD, her character is very evil... I don't like to say too much as I'm practically up to date and you are somewhere in Season 4.. But that does mean you are aware of the crossover of a certain character and there's another to come in Season 5.. John Dorie (Garret Dillahunt) is also one on my fav characters in the series..

• Like 1