Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Anna

Question of the day: Snack attack

What is your current favorite snack?

"Sweets" I would go with Atkins Endulge Chocolate Candies. They are like regular M&Ms except sugar free.

Other than that, some sort of cheese, fried snacks or straight cheese. 

I try not to snack on stuff with too many calories.  Atm, I'm quite into itsu crispy seaweed thins - as they only have about 22 cals per thin.  Its like a crispy, papery square, and they come in different flavours.  I like the ones with soy sauce and sea salt.   Other times I just have a banana.  

LN_747467_BP_11.jpg

• Like 2
  • Eeek! 1

@Morrigan - What a coincidence.  I was just preparing to post about my current snack preference, which is crackers, in general, and a brand called "Good Thins" in particular.  They are also crispy, papery, but round, and they come in several different flavours.   In addition, they are a great source of fiber.  I like many of the flavors, but have just discovered their Spinach Garlic thins.  That's not a flavor I would normally choose, but I grabbed the wrong box one time and I'm hooked!  btw: 23 crackers have only 130 calories.

spinach-garlic.png

And here is an entire page of the many flavors available: https://www.google.com/search?q=good+thins+crackers&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjimJ63loPnAhWCJ80KHWeXAXwQ_AUoAnoECAwQBA&biw=1280&bih=546#imgrc=_

• Like 2

I snack on Paleo Bites at work, but only 1/2 serving a day.  They're somewhat healthy, and 3 of them fill me up.  Sometimes I'll snack on the Trader Joe's roasted, salted cashews.  Thankfully, those come in a serving size bag so I don't eat too many at a time.

https://images.app.goo.gl/9wB9nJzRoCWocukG9

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rebel77 said:

I snack on Paleo Bites at work, but only 1/2 serving a day.  They're somewhat healthy, and 3 of them fill me up.  Sometimes I'll snack on the Trader Joe's roasted, salted cashews.  Thankfully, those come in a serving size bag so I don't eat too many at a time.

https://images.app.goo.gl/9wB9nJzRoCWocukG9

Trader Joe's roasted salted cashews sounds so much better than Morrigan's crispy seaweed thins lol

• Like 2

I love seaweed, so those snacks are always going to be a favorite.  

My current favorite snack is Halo Top Ice Cream, which is not really cream.  It's non-dairy and low in carbs.  The flavors are pretty awesome, with my favorite being strawberry cheesecake.  

This is also farm country so I get lots of fresh stuff delivered here.  My favorite are jumbo Fuji apples.  

Nearly too ashamed to post my reply. 

My snacks are always about sugar. Anything sweet is always my first thought and preference. 

Since husband’s diabetes diagnosis there is never an excess of sweet treats in the house eg cookies, cake, icecream or chocolates... so sometimes to satisfy my after dinner cravings (the worst time of day) I feel like a sugar junkie and resort to a teaspoon of marmalade ! 

I think I know why thin people remain thin..most don’t have or give in to their sweet tooth.  They prefer a snack of cheese or something savoury that usually  has more protein and less useless, airy calories. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Versailles said:

Nearly too ashamed to post my reply. 

My snacks are always about sugar. Anything sweet is always my first thought and preference. 

Since husband’s diabetes diagnosis there is never an excess of sweet treats in the house eg cookies, cake, icecream or chocolates... so sometimes to satisfy my after dinner cravings (the worst time of day) I feel like a sugar junkie and resort to a teaspoon of marmalade ! 

I think I know why thin people remain thin..most don’t have or give in to their sweet tooth.  They prefer a snack of cheese or something savoury that usually  has more protein and less useless, airy calories. 

Because of the keto diet, there are lots of sweet snacks out there that are low/no sugar.  You can also cook sweet stuff as long as you substitute sugar with something like Swerve, which comes in several different forms that emulate real sugar.  Chocolate chip cookies made with sugar free but sweetened chocolate chips gets a big yes from me.  My MIL also made a sugar free pecan pie for Christmas using crushed walnuts as a crust.  

It's not going to be like real sugar, but you might like some of the products.  These foods have evolved.  I cannot use Splenda, so I am glad for products like Swerve.

• Agree 1

Thanks @Anna I will keep that in mind. In the past I have not bought things with sugar substitutes as I hated the after taste of the  drinks or deserts.  Apart from that  (dis) taste of products, there was to my mind something lacking in what food experts call ‘mouth feel’, 

I heard they had improved so maybe it is time to give them a try again,

I did a google search, and don’t  think I can buy Swerve easily in Australia.

maybe via Amazon site, although someone on a website said it is actually one of the brand names for this ingredient...  see below ( Erythritol). 

75057558-56D9-4A18-8B7B-EBE9E60B51B2.thumb.jpeg.208f92189d7f5b04280e1c847c7caa6a.jpeg