Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Versailles

Walking after midnight

Well not really Walkin after Midnight by midnight Patsy Cline ..more like midday. 

My new fitness regime includes walking for an hour and I choose the West Coast Road that runs along the Indian Ocean 8 km from my home. I drive there ! 

Check water bottle, check phone, check sunglasses, check hat, check keys etc etc

The view takes my mind off the fact that my knee hurts ! 

#whataview. #stayhydrated

DDBB0E4D-68BB-4726-87CD-0666AA137798.jpeg

CD294D49-C93F-402A-A93C-E89BF824A881.jpeg

• Like 2

@Versailles - I go walking after midnight, too - about 8 or 9 hours after midnight.  I began that regimen during a long, hot summer with extremely high heat and humidity.  I chose to walk the city's biggest one mile mall because it is climate controlled and only about 3 miles from where I live.  Of course I don't have the beautiful scenery that you enjoy, but I am able to pick up small items at a Target store that anchors one end of the mall.  (Target is a big box store like Walmart, but much cleaner and brighter.)

The time goes quickly for me because I take along my Kindle and listen to audiobooks.  OR, sometimes I take along another device and listen to music.  Works for me!

• Like 2

Those mall walks are a good idea in hot countries or when a place is snowbound...and no shortage of cafes for a coffee and chat afterwards ! We have Target here. This season they have upped there game again and had a good range of clothes and shoes. 

This walk is my favourite because of the view but on the day those photos were taken it was getting a little too warm by 9.30am to be striding out. Fortunately the path is brilliantly lit till late night, so I might try an evening walk as soon as my dodgy left knee is seen to ! 

I find walking very meditative and once I get into my stride can just go on for long distances at a steady pace..until this knee started playing up. might be the end of my walking soon ? maybe try cycling 🚴‍♀️ 

I love Target and intensely dislike Walmart.  Their parking lot is often full and hard to navigate.  Plus, I think it is a favorite meeting place for drug dealers and buyers.The shopping carts literally screech throughout the store.  Kids run freely up and down the aisles.  Evidently, babies don't like it either because they cry a lot.  Oh, and if you ever buy something there and need to return it, be prepared to spend an hour in line.

The Targets in my area have been upgrading their stores and as you have mentioned, adding more products.  I think they are competing with Walmart for market share, and I hope they succeed.

I think that the large chain stores like Target, K Mart etc are fighting back against the online shopping trend. 

It seems to go in cycles maybe, as they get a new CEO, or investors complain about dividends ? 

One time you go in and there is cheap and unimaginative junk.

Wait 6 months to a year between visits and there is a well co-ordinated fashion range and some bright, modern homewares.

Trouble is I am not really in the market for either these days but I glance at the ranges with daughter, grandson or son in mind.

In the US, Target and K-Mart are 2 very different "animals."  K-Mart is owned by Sears and both stores have been announcing closings for the past 3 years.  The last K-Mart where I live shut down over 10 years ago.  That store made Walmart look up-scale.  

I noticed recently that Walmart's online sale items include products and even merchants that are not represented in their stores.