Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Anna

March, 2020 - Coronavirus

@Versailles @Sandy - I also like Overstock.com.  I think they ship to Australia now.  I bought the most awesome anti-Sam-stealing comforter in king size for $75. 

Right now, #TrumpGenocide is trending.  Rightfully so.  He is literally punishing blue states right now.  But California has a better leader

• Like 1

Good morning!    It was good to see #TrumpGenocide trending yesterday.  It's no joke, because this is the USA right now.  

For instance, Trump threatened to quarantine the New York area yesterday.  This means that no one would be able to leave/enter the state. This caused quite the flight out of the area, while Governor Andrew Cuomo had to point out that such a declaration = civil war.  Trump finally had to back off.  

Also, this was Florida yesterday.  The empty beach represents the area that was shut down by the mayor.  The crowded beach represents Darwinism at work:

Also, someone very close to me has a cousin that posted photos from a photo session out in the street, where there were other families lined up -- all not practicing the safe distance thing.  Again, another state in the South.

However, for some good news:

From The New York Times: U.S. civil rights office moves to prevent discrimination over who gets lifesaving care.
From The Guardian: Care homes refusing to take in patients ready to leave NHS hospitals
From Le Monde Diplomatique: Covid-19: a London diary
From Al Jazeera: New front: Worry over COVID-19 spreading in African refugee camps
From AFP: Hospitals turn to snorkel masks to ease respirator overload
From news.com.au. (Australia): Coronavirus: VIC councillor tells Twelve Apostles sightseers to ‘go home’ as anger rises in coastal communities
From the Japan Times: China’s misplaced pandemic propaganda

• Like 1

I'd vote in a heartbeat to replace the Mangled Orange Apricot with Gavin Newsom.  But alas, where is a great presidential candidate when you need one?  

• Like 1

@Sandy - Yeah...once this is all over, it is going to be very hard to convince me to leave California.  

Also...and I know @DaveA doesn't like to hear this, but I can't really see the benefits of the west coast or New York remaining in this union unless some things change.  The fact that California's representative voice in government is on part with a low pop state such as Wyoming is appalling.  Also, our states suffer during Republican presidents because these clowns are only interested in protecting their own voter bases.  Trump has made this VERY CLEAR, and I don't see any republican governors or politicians rushing forward to decry Trump's actions in doling out paltry, broken supplies to blue states.  He only gave Colorado enough medical supplies for one day.  Florida, who still has people partying on beaches, gets their entire wishlist fulfilled, 2x over.  

•  Angry 2

Florida will not be allowing any New Yorker to enter their state.  This guy didn't get the memo:

A New Yorker Going To Florida:

90955372_10222124943423506_3488487173567

•  Angry 1

That ego of his is what you are up against... 

He (imo) was mentally unstable when he started the Presidency, so maybe this COVID crisis and the strain of being POTUS will be his undoing ? 
48F34B85-029A-44CB-8D59-A05CA041F87D.thumb.jpeg.bbddf136c7da89759ac2745538b14bf5.jpeg

•  Angry 1

Thanks @Sandy and @Anna for the tips about Amazon, eBay and Overstock.com

I did not order a toaster after many hours of browsing, but I did find this dress especially designed for social distancing ..

I have ordered one in a more flattering shade of pale lilac.

CB733889-6E1B-48EB-9ADC-24D055804F68.thumb.jpeg.a2e67cc22290b69f1d2d76d28c0549d6.jpeg

• Haha 4

@Versailles - Thanks so much for the BIG laugh.  I needed that!

It occurs to me that had this pandemic taken place about 3 decades ago, most of us would have been truly isolated, with only TVs/radios delivering news and wired telephones connecting us to friends/families.  Today, there is a vast online community of people we will likely never meet who constitute a huge support group. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Love the dress Versailles.

I cope with isolation quite well, but I've been really worried about my brother. He sounded very "down" on Sunday, but was a bit more positive today thank goodness.

I had 3 offers of help yesterday and my mate Tony brought me some organic bread today so as far as supplies go I'm good. Tony's nephew is on the mend after 4 days of feeling like sh*t.😀

I was watching Trump on CNN last night, I can't remember which word it was that I had to think about.................anyway using the wrong word totally changed what he meant, did anybody else notice his Freudian slip ?

Still keeping our heads down over here although there are still idiots about, a bunch of them decided to hold a BBQ on Sunday and in a very short time the police arrived put out the BBQ and packed everyone off with fleas in their ears.

Supermarket check-out staff have been told to limit supplies (blame the hoarders) but this occasionally has illogical consequences. A friend's son was in the check-out queue behind an old chap who'd bought 7 chicken dinners - probably his week's meals - they would only let him have 3 which means he'll have to go back to Tesco's in 3 days for more supplies, and expose himself to infection. If I'd been there I would have put 3 in my basket then given them to him but I don't think Dan thought that fast.

Stay well everyone. 🥰

Infection and deaths are quite low in this area at the moment but (apart from protective suits, masks etc.) everyone's mucking in. The homeless in Chester's streets have been given shelter by the Council and (at least) 7 restaurants are making sure that they're fed. Some pretty fancy restaurants on the list too "The Sticky Walnut" for instance has a Michelin star.  They'll be better fed than I am for the for a while.

• Like 2

@cestrian - I'm so glad that infections and deaths are low in your area.  I believe GB siezed control of the situation before it spiraled out of control, unlike Trump, who actually denied on Feb 28 that there was any problem and wouldn't support national testing. 

Yesterday, just 29 days later, we had about 140,000 known cases, plus, as testing becomes more  available, rapidly accelerating  numbers of cases are reported daily.  Crunching the numbers, I believe we are 2 to 4 weeks away from hitting one million cases in the US, before things even begin to level off.  Plus, Trump is going to run out of money - currently a 2 trillion dollar relief package - to throw at the problem.

About listening to another one of tRump's "briefings" last night, I simply cannot bear to look at him, hear his voice, or listen to his stumbling, bumbling distortion of the English language.  If his IQ were 10 points higher, he would be a grapefruit.

btw:  The grocery stores in my area have purchasing limits on almost everything.  

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Everyone ready for a sing along? My ex sent me this so thought it might be fun to share it with you all. And it's so damn true, stupid clowns.. hahaha

Tom Jones Parody Corona Virus Song with sing along lyrics written and sung by Robert T Leonard.

• Haha 3

Good afternoon!  I think I'm going to dispense with the news.  It's easier to do on the weekends, but I am upping the morning exercise so keyboard time is sketchy.

Also, less CV news about the US, the calmer I can be.  Trump is driving me absolutely BONKERS, and it is clear that he is some sort of narcissistic human pandemic who is happy about his ratings, despite all the deaths.  It doesn't help that lots of Republicans are blaming New Yorkers for everything.   These disasters are created from the GOP disbelief in science, general ignorance and absence of ethics.  They might be all the same thing at this point.

A lot of right wing populists are angry that California governor Newsom is getting praise from some Republicans.  Newsom has been praising Trump, which you have to do when your state is dying and some absolutely spiteful hairtroll is holding onto all the equipment you need to get better.  You put lives ahead of your pride, and these right wing folks don't understand that part.  I may not always like Newsom, but I have no doubt that he loves his home state.  

Well, here is a bit of news, though.  Liberty University, which was started by televangelist Jerry Falwell and is now run by his billionaire son and Trump worshipper Jerry Falwell Jr., decided to demand that its students return from Spring Break.  He assured the local mayor that no one would be sick, because everyone is worried about lack of supplies.  Ten students tested positive for COVID-19 yesterday, and now the university has sent everyone home.  This is the one time I am quite happy that this is a litigious country.  Virginia is going blue, and Falwell needs to be sued.

Also, the best news:  Cases in Italy are falling. YAY!

• Like 3

Why Trump Originally Chose Easter To Kill Us, Er, Open Up The Economy

We learn Trump was deeply moved by evangelicals who were preaching to empty megachurches.
By Tengrain
Why Trump Originally Chose Easter To Kill Us, Er, Open Up The Economy Image from: Screengrab

Noted serial-adulterer, grifter, and tax cheat, and scam university provost Lord Damp Nut is a very pious man. We learned that he was deeply moved by his fellow grifters, er, evangelicals who were preaching to empty megachurches. And when the traditional White House Easter Egg Roll —you know the one where he tells the toddlers how great he is and how the economy is booming— was cancelled, well it was just a bridge too far.

Bloomberg: 

Trump’s impatience to get everyone back to work set in almost immediately after he urged everyone to stay home—touched off as he watched a sermon delivered by a prominent evangelical preacher to an empty megachurch. It gained momentum as Trump listened to advice from conservative economists who warned of near-apocalyptic financial damage, a view reinforced by a free-fall in markets. And it coalesced around a single day, among the most sacred in the Christian calendar—Easter Sunday, April 12—for reasons more symbolic than scientific after a key meeting headed by Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner just four days after the stay-at-home advice.

So, you see, choosing Easter as the target date was, um, more optics and not for any real reason…

https://crooksandliars.com/2020/03/why-trump-chose-easter-kill-us-er-open

• Like 1
  •  Angry 1

The centre of Llandudno in North Wales.

Lockdown - unless you're a goat.

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@cestrian - Glad he made it back!  He sounds so happy.  Good looking man, there.

• Like 2

Good morning!  It's supposed to be 75F/24C today.  Let's see if that happens.  It was cold as hell yesterday.

In sad news, Japanese comedian Ken Shimura passed away from CV.  He was a member of the comedy team The Drifters.  I looooooved the Drifters, and all my uncles would come over on Sunday nights to eat dinner and watch the show together.  My mother got really really angry when they taught me the lyrics to a Drifters song about a man's fiance, who loved to pass gas.  R.I.P.  

Here are some workout videos.  The first is from actor Jack Black, who joined TikTok:

...and there is this one from a coach on the Black Ice Drill Team, from somewhere in Ohio.

• Like 2

On 3/28/2020 at 3:22 PM, Versailles said:

Meanwhile my 4 slice toaster decides to break down at breakfast  (toasted crumpet with butter and honey) this morning ..

Really annoying ! Do I make a dash to the stores before a possible lockdown or make do ? 

@Versailles - that is just plain cruel! Did you dash to the store before lockdown? I would have.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

20 hours ago, Anna said:

A lot of right wing populists are angry that California governor Newsom is getting praise from some Republicans.  Newsom has been praising Trump, which you have to do when your state is dying and some absolutely spiteful hairtroll is holding onto all the equipment you need to get better.  You put lives ahead of your pride, and these right wing folks don't understand that part.  I may not always like Newsom, but I have no doubt that he loves his home state.  

Unlike Trump, Newsom understands that now is NOT the time to fight, even with your sworn enemies.  I have no doubt that when this crisis is over, Newsom will have some choice words about Trump.  But, not until then. Newsom is too smart for that.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Sandy said:

About listening to another one of tRump's "briefings" last night, I simply cannot bear to look at him, hear his voice, or listen to his stumbling, bumbling distortion of the English language.

I have completely stopped listening to and looking at Trump.  There are some things I can control, and one of them is choosing what listen & don't listen to.  I monitor the news just enough to keep up on the current events I NEED to know about.  I don't need to know about the ramblings of a madman and serial liar.  It has done wonders for my mental health.  And, I really am working from home & have enough distractions.  I don't need that one.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Anna said:

@cestrian - Glad he made it back!  He sounds so happy.  Good looking man, there.

Every year he does a parody of the "Queen's Speech" in the pub and he's hilarious. One year he dressed in the full regalia to do it. 

For instance -

"This year has been my anus horribilis, but my husband and I wish all of our loyal subjects a happy new year". That was a year when her maj. said "Annus horribiliis" in the Queen's speech.........it was probably the year Lady Diana died.

He's one of the people behind the street party too (along with Matt the accordianist). 

Both are very talented guys.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Outrageous Ebay price for 2 small cans of disinfectant wipes that that sell for $3.99.  But hey, the seller wants only 24.99 to ship them.  Maybe he is going to hand deliver them.

•  Angry 1
  • Wow! 1