Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

Australian Open - Quarter Finals

Early morning here, evening in Australia, I was watching a minor upset in progress. In the quarterfinals #1 Rafael Nadal was down 2 sets to 1 to #5 Dominic Thiem and behind 2-4 in the 4th, and possibly final set.  Nadal pulled closer in the 4th set, went into a tie-breaker. But, after 4 plus hours, Thiem won 3 sets to 1. I'm a big Nadal fan, hated to see him lose, but I'm now a newly minted fan of Dominic Thiem, too. Plus, he's kinda cute.

?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcalifornia-times-brig

• Like 1

Later this afternoon, around 2pm EST in the US,  #3 Roger Federer plays #2 Novak Djokovic. As one fan tweeted:

"It doesn’t matter who is the “better” player
Let’s enjoy these great legends as long as they’re still playing :)"

• Like 1

@Sandy - Are you waking up early to watch?  I will try to catch the later game, although my doggies will be running around barking because the gardener comes today.  (I have a black thumb)

@Anna - I only watch matches that interest me.  ESPN2 has had extensive, but scattered coverage throughout the entire tournament, and is broadcasting all the quarter finals, semi finals and both finals.  I was recording the Nadal vs Thiem match, but woke up super early and caught most of it.  

• Like 1

Here is the Men's Semi Finals Schedule:

Federer/Djokovic play at 2:30 am CST on Jan 30 and Thiem/Zverev at 2:30 am CST on Jan 31.

3:30 AM ET
Switzerland(3) Roger Federer
Serbia(2) Novak Djokovic

Semifinals - Rod Laver Arena

7:00 PM ET
Austria(5) Dominic Thiem
Germany(7) Alexander Zverev

Semifinals -