Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Anna

March, 2020 - Opening Days, Footie, GDT & Schedules

21 hours ago, Anna said:

Dear baseball friends,

It is with heavy heart that I inform you all that the baseball season will not begin on April 9th.  

Also, XBox Live went down last night.  I think every pro athlete living in the USA was trying to play a game with the rest of their teammates.  Server crash.  Waaah.

Yeah! No sports sucks!!

Re: Xbox Live.. I've had no problems with server problems here in the UK, @Anna.. I was playing with friends for several hours last night online on EU servers and then this morning I went onto the US servers and they were working fine here for me..

I'm damn glad it's currently still working here as it's a huge distraction from the weird sobering times happening around us.. I'm half expecting Rod Serling to stroll casually into my room and say "Picture this, a world slowly grinding to a halt as disease envelopes the globe.. A world in which normally sane individuals are killing each other over toilet rolls and pasta.. There within sits a country on the brink of self isolation and boredom, a country led by a bumbling plonker with a haystack hairstyle.. In a small quiet village there sits a man who is about to go on a long monotonous journey to the Twilight Zone!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Frank Beastie said:

a country led by a bumbling plonker with a haystack hairstyle.. In a small quiet village there sits a man who is about to go on a long monotonous journey to the Twilight Zone!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah...can't figure out who is worse right now.  Tossup between BJ and DJT.  

Hockey has been interesting.  The league froze rosters, and are trying to give the impression that they are coming back. Meanwhile, SAP Center (home of the San Jose Sharks) removed all their ice already.  I am pretty sure this season is lost for hockey.

• Sad 1

Big news over here is that Tom Brady is opting for free agency and will be with a team other than the Patriots next season.  Wonder if Belechik and his son will also vacate New England?

• Wow! 1

Wow. Dave, I never thought that Tom Brady would leave the only team he has ever known.  I can't believe it was over money because surely he doesn''t need any more of the green stuff.  

Texans fans are practically inconsolable that Bill Obrien traded all-pro receiver, DeAndre Hopkins to Arizona. I read that the Patriots were interested in acquiring him as a possible incentive to keep Tom Brady in NE..  About the trade, ESPN wrote "The Texans flunked, and the Cardinals got an elite receiver."  

• Like 1

There was talk that Brady would come home to the Bay Area.  Part of me wishes that he did, because the 49ers and Giants always have some star player retire after coming back to the Bay Area to play.  Randy Johnson did it as an SF Giant, and OJ Simpson played for the 49ers.  O boy!

• Like 1

My wife heard (on the news) that Brady is signing with Tampa Bay.  I haven't read it yet.

• Like 1

The Tom Brady news is so big I even saw it on our news last night and we wouldn't normally get other NFL news.. He is 42 though, how long can he keep playing? If he were a footie player he'd of retired years ago, as most outfield footie players on getting to around 35 are thinking of hanging up their boots, they lose their pace, stamina, reactions and unless they are supremely gifted and can hold up the ball, protect it and spray passes all around the pitch they just can't hack it anymore at the top level, which just gets faster and faster.. Goalkeepers play on for longer because they are not running all round the pitch (and because they are an entirely different species, haha).. I know TB is a quarter back with a world class throwing arm and doesn't have to run too much, but he still has to take heavy hits I guess... Please forgive my ignorance of the game if I've got this wrong..

Some more footie news here today which I was expecting, Euro 2020 is cancelled for a year and also the Copa America is off... I also heard something about Tennis, I guess all sports that attract large crowds are off in the current climate.. Bummer!!!  Wondering what sports there will be to watch, I'm not one for watching archive games... Anyone for Tiddlywinks?

39 minutes ago, Frank Beastie said:

I also heard something about Tennis, I guess all sports that attract large crowds are off in the current climate.. Bummer!!!

Regarding tennis. I read this:  "A leftfield decision by the Fédération Française de Tennis on Tuesday to move the French Open from May to September and hopefully away from the health threat of Covid-19 risks a boycott by the 12-time champion, Rafael Nadal. It has also created confusion and anger across the game."

The French Open is traditionally held in May, Wimbledon is held in July and the US Open is held in September.   Each of those tournaments span 2 weeks.  So, in my view, it would put too much of a strain on players to play 2 back-to-back tournaments in September.  I mean why not wait a bit to make a decision.  Perhaps June or October would work?

Kevin Durant is the biggest name in the sports world to test positive for coronavirus so far. He confirmed to The Athletic that he was one of four Brooklyn Nets players who tested positive for it, although he said he's feeling fine and is showing no symptoms. 

https://www.cbssports.com/general/news/coronavirus-kevin-durant-among-athletes-and-coaches-who-have-been-infected-with-covid-19/

Edited to add:   Raider's linebacker Quentin Polin announced on Twitter this week that he's been informed that he's showing all the symptoms of coronavirus. Apparently, Polin was recently in Spain with his family, and once he got back to the states, he came down with multiple symptoms of the virus including "fluid in lungs, sore throat, and dry cough."

I seem to be spending more and more time on YouTube these days.. I've been enjoying watching the professional footballers stay at home challenge vids.. So this is what's become of the beautiful game, hahaha..

• Like 2

Today was supposed to be opening day for baseball.

new england patriots GIF

• Sad/Cry 1

We still had hot dogs & beer yesterday in homage.  The hot dogs are Kasper's brand with the crispy skin.  The beer is Firestone Walker 805.  Both were delicious, but still not the same without live baseball.  Oh well, this too shall pass.

A112F992-17A5-496E-B7A9-94AB9A9121B9.heic 30BED02C-E965-4FD3-9072-80D6A49E9D37.heic

• Like 2