Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Anna

Question of the day: I miss...

I miss...

...traveling, hockey, baseball, CopaAmerica...

What do you/will you miss during lockdown?

• Agree 1

The first three things I miss are sports, sports, and sports.  Beyond that I miss:

* The ability to get a haircut when I need one.  

* Restaurant lunches and dinners with close friends.

* Walking the temperature controlled mall every day. (The temp here today was 90 degrees.)

* TV programming that doesn't include 24/7 coronavirus "breaking news" & the retard Prez spoiling the dinner hour.

*  The ability to go to stores to pick up anything I want/need. Heck, even when I buy something online, I worry that the package/contents are contaminated.  Yesterday, I actually watched someone on TV go through all the cautionary steps one should take opening a box of delivery pizza and removing the pizza, itself, with great care.

Above all, I am anxious for this 2020 house arrest situation to end.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

I miss ...

spending time with my lovely fella, who is locked down in his home 120 miles away.

seeing my son, especially on Mother’s Day, when we usually get together for a long country walk.

seeing my friends, meeting up with them for an afternoon or evening out or cooking supper for them at my house.

going to the refuse tip with my garden waste!  

(I’ve had to prune a lot of trees and bushes before their growing season starts but, now the tip is closed, I am having to chop the big spreading branches into small lengths and bundle them up for easier storage in the garden until I can get rid of them - they are too woody to compost.)

• Like 3

Welcome back, @Jenny.. Nice to see you here again!

I miss...

Seeing my family, my ex and my boys are in London in lockdown.. My sis and her family, my bro in law and my two nephews dont live too far away but are in lockdown too, just like me.. Miss seeing friends too..

Footie: The Leagues and the Euro's.. Grand Prix Motor Racing.. Sport in general.. I was so looking forward to Baseball too... Olympic Games is also postponed..

Just getting out for a walk.. I haven't attempted to go out since I walked down to the local village Co-op on the 13th March.. I don't plan to go out now unless it's absolutely necessary, like getting food, but that will only be if I can't order it online.. Although trying to book online shopping slots is currently a joke..

• Like 2

Thanks for the Welcome Back @Frank Beastie - good to see you again.

I have heard a lot of people say they miss Sport - and having to cancel or postpone Sports fixtures and competitions, like The Olympics and The Invictus Games, is sad for the players and competitors who have been in training. 

Hope you manage to get an online shopping slot - I know how difficult it is!

If you are in self-isolation or in the vulnerable category, maybe you can find online a neighbourhood group who are getting shopping for those who have been advised not to leave home. I had a leaflet put through my door with details of a volunteer group in my town, with a Facebook group link and contact details to ring if anyone in isolation needs any help to get stuff.

Take Care and Stay Safe 

Edited by Jenny
  • Like 2

Thanks for the kind words, @Jenny, and for the good advice.. I've already had a leaflet through my door from a wonderful group of people in our village who are offering to help the needy here.. It's good to know that those people have help, if they need it!

I am self isolating, but only through my own personal choice.. I'm not classified as being in the vulnerable category, as I'm a healthy person in my early 60's with no underlying health conditions.. But this evil disease is killing healthy young people too (it's not picky), so I'm just being extra careful..

It annoys the heck outta me that some people are so blasé about it, going out and mixing when then don't really need to.. Sure they might be okay, might get it mildly or just be a carrier, but they don't seem to care, or have the capacity to think about how many people that they come into contact with could then pass it to others, the elderly, those with ill health.. Those are the people who through others selfish actions may end up in intensive care or even die!!

Take care of yourself!

• Like 3

It refers ro the next available delivery slot. 

Here in Oz and I presume the UK you order online then select the time you want delivery .. early morning till late at night. 
Sometimes it costs more for delivery in peak times, so someone like me could select a time during the day when most people would be at work (pre COVID). 

It costs more if you want delivery ASAP the next day, if you order the evening before.. 

All that has gone out the window as the grocery stores are overwhelmed and have temporarily ceased online delivery or click and collect services. 

That forces everyone to go out and shop at the store , thereby increasing the risks of community transmission ! 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

Today was supposed to be opening day of baseball season.  Talk about something I really miss.....along with the NBA (basketball).  Even though the Warriors were bad, it was largely due to injury.  And Steph had just come back from his when he got the flu (not COVID-19), then the postponement of the season.

Other things I miss?  My friends & family, co-workers, boot camp instructor and classmates, and gathering at church on Sunday.  My two church small groups.  Going out to eat at a restaurant.  Being able to drive anywhere I want, whenever I want.  And.....my hairdresser.  My appointment was last night.  Now, I'm just hoping it'll happen on the rescheduled date.

• Like 1