Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Anna

Soap

Okay...I need recommendations.  I wash my hands so much that I have rash.  It's like being in 2nd grade all over again.

Irish Springs is not helping, as I overbought those things and put a bar by the kitchen sink.  

Suggestions?

Posted (edited)

Do you dry your hands thoroughly then rub some hand cream into them after every time you wash them?

is it a rash because of something in the soap that your skin is sensitive to - or is it broken skin due to being chapped and too dry?

I have very dry skin and I have to apply hand cream after every wash. Even in these days of extra hand washing, the hand cream is just about keeping my hands from drying out too much. I also keep a tube of rich hand cream on the table beside my sitting room chair  and rub some in at night while I’m sitting and relaxing.

I also rub in some rich hand cream last thing at night just before I get into bed.

At times when my hands have felt really dry and chapped in the past, I have applied a thick layer of rich cream, either just before I go to bed or when I’m sitting watching TV,, then put on a pair of cotton gloves - or a pair of disposable plastic gloves - or even a plastic bag on each hand - any kind of barrier to keep the moisture on my hands for a few hours or overnight.

(I do the same with my feet sometimes, too - loads of moisturiser and cover with plastic bags for a few hours or overnight -  it keeps them soft and keeps the hard, dry skin at bay!)

Edited by Jenny
  • Like 1

@Jenny - Thank you!  I use Lubriderm - the intense skin repair - because I am diabetic and prone to having some pretty gnarly skin at my feet.  I use moisturizer so much that it's pretty noticeable while typing, in that my fingers are sliding across keys.  I am going to switch to Dial soap, which is what my childhood pediatrician had me use to prevent dry skin when I was small.  I just ordered some...hope it works.  

What brand of lotion do you use?  Maybe I should switch brands?

I use Method foaming liquid soap.  I don't have any known skin problems, but have used this brand for years and love it.  It comes in many scents, but my current favorite is Pink Grapefruit.

spacer.png

I've also heard great things about Cera Ve moisturizers, which you can read about on this Amazon product page.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cera+ve+moisturizer&crid=320BYD0KUTKEE&sprefix=cera+ve%2Caps%2C179&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_7

• Like 1