Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Sign in to follow this  
Versailles

Queen Bee

I love hearing the sound of happy bees in my garden and at this time of year they go crazy for my Dombeya tree. 
I wake to the constant hum of hundreds of bees collecting pollen from the beautiful perfumed flowers of this South Amercian tree that is right outside my bedroom window. 

So many plants are dependent on bees 🐝 ..my passionfruit has been reluctant to give me any fruit for a year or so but I am hopeful now that will happen otherwise I might get a paint brush and assist the process ! 

I should have taken these photos a week ago when it was at it’s peak and before the flowers started to fade to that rust colour and then drop. 

AE2BFF11-5C25-4C85-9CBC-E81C2738D7F0.jpeg

D7F935D2-B82D-471A-95F7-20D5709BFF9D.jpeg

• Like 2

Those flowers on your trees are beautiful!  I have never seen those before, @Versailles

We have two rosemary bushes in front of the house, and I call these the "bee bush".  Sam got stung once because he his coat will brush past the bush and disrupt the bees.  

If you stand next to the bush, you will hear that low buzz roar.  At this time when chems are eliminating hives, it is nice to hear the bees.

I know that not everyone has the time, the room or an actual sunny garden to put in a few herbs and vegetables. 

I found this chart interesting about how many people are involved in getting food from farm to our table. 

In times of COVID lock down ..have you been inspired to plant anything ?

756DC368-22FD-4797-AFA1-246545B34B6C.jpeg

• Like 1

Here are some of my plantings...

tub of thyme ..great for sore throats.

Pot of spring onions (shallots) 

planter box .. mustard and rocket seeds sprouting.

Finally some passionfruit on the old vine ..yet to ripen. 

@Anna saw my gardener (husband) pottering in the back garden. 

3DEB8C6F-37CB-464E-B7B1-EA99908D47C2.jpeg

2229BCA2-4BAC-408A-8130-3D1C3414B5A5.jpeg

C693B9DC-AC21-4BFE-B2F5-B40E6E72ED0D.jpeg

B70A0795-1A6A-4F8B-988F-C80874D8BCDC.jpeg

• Like 1

Beautiful @Versailles.  I have yet to open my little germinating spore kit.  I will have to do it tomorrow.

• Like 1

No edible fruit on this plant but the bees and the birds love it. I do too. 
Nice to sit having a coffee and watching from my window, yesterday I counted over 7 small birds darting in and out. I think they are called honeyeaters but they were too darn quick to take a good photo on my ipad.

26D88FDE-2514-4E23-82F0-E69D937CA1F5.thumb.jpeg.e923bc29f0653dfa7e16f0f3bd7d88b4.jpeg

• Like 1