Will be fiddling with the site. If you encounter problems, please DM or send email to admin@ziboom.com. Thanks! ×
Anna

Categories

Anna

GLOSSARY

Category

Songs

Message added by Anna

“ Redback on the toilet seat “  - Slim Newton.

I don’t like this twangy style of country and western music, but I sure am wary of poisonous Redback spiders.

In my childhood toilets were most often located out the back garden, away from the house and you took a torch down with you at night -

Warning  Always lift the seat and check for spiders before sitting down ! 

• Haha 3

I remember everyone raving about this when it first came out, as at the time it was very refreshing and new.. It was certainly catchy and was played everywhere and Adam Ant had all the moves..

"insect or arachnid"

#2 Adam & The Ants - Antmusic

• Like 2

@Frank Beastie - Sounds good to me!  Also, feel free to post more than one song to get to #6 or #7, as we do have a 24-hour time limit.  Sometimes, categories end quickly.  Other times, not so much.  I will post a notice when it gets close to 24-hours and we are short some songs.  

Okay...INSECT SONGS, EH?  How about this beauty from Lux Interior?  Here is #3 - The Cramps - Badass Bug

• Like 2

I hate insects and spiders.  But I LOVE this category!

It was a tie between two songs I wanted to post, but this one was the tiebreaker....because Jim Stafford was once on a TV show doing this song, and the looks on his face were HILARIOUS.  I couldn't stop laughing!

#4 - Jim Stafford - Spiders and Snakes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/28/2020 at 9:31 PM, Rebel77 said:

I’ll be happy to start @Versailles’ nomination of songs in a foreign language.

Okay, I’m cheating. But, I do love this artist so much. This song is representative of Hispanic folklore cumbia style of rhythm and dance. Really fun video that really shows her dancing and vocal chops.

Songs in a foreign language #1 - Selena - “Baila Esta Cumbia” (translation: dance this cumbia):

i was going to list a song in a foreign language by Ozzy Osborne but found out it is in English

• Like 1

i was driving  my teenage son and his friend somewhere many years ago.. the first thing he would do was change the radio station usually to something i did not care for.. when a song came on i told them i know this ! they kind of looked at me and said i don't think so this just came out.

NEW TOPIC:  Songs people think are new but are not        Public Enemy - He Got Game - YouTube

• Like 1

i actually like this version....sadly the more things change the more they stay the same..

• Like 1

@Dan - We are still on the last topic, which is "bugs/arachnid" in the title.  Once we finish this category, we will move onto yours.  Do you have a bug/spider song to add?  Thanks!